Effective Date: December 17, 2023
You consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement by accessing our website and participating in the Symposium.
Welcome to the 2024 Black Play Therapy Symposium: Healing Trauma Through Ancestral Roots (the “Symposium”), organized by The Black Play Therapy Society. We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled carefully and complies with applicable privacy laws.
This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information when you attend the Symposium and interact with us. By participating in the Symposium, you consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
2. Information We Collect
We may collect various types of personal information from you to organize and host the Symposium. This information may include, but is not limited to:
– Contact information (e.g., name, email address, phone number)
– Professional credentials and affiliations
– Payment and billing information
– Dietary preferences or special requirements
– Feedback and survey responses
3. How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
– To process and manage your registration for the Symposium.
– To provide access to Symposium sessions, workshops, and materials.
– To communicate with you regarding Symposium updates, schedule changes, or important information.
– To send you promotional materials related to the Symposium, subject to your consent.
– To analyze and improve our Symposium offerings, services, and user experience.
– To address inquiries, requests, or concerns submitted by you.
– To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
– With service providers and partners who assist us in organizing and hosting the Symposium, including but not limited to event management, payment processing, and technology support.
– With speakers, presenters, and exhibitors to facilitate your engagement with Symposium content and activities.
– With law enforcement or regulatory authorities when required by law or to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or that of others.
– With your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
5. Security of Your Information
We employ reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information. However, please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or storage method is entirely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
6. Your Choices and Rights
– You have the right to access and update your personal information by contacting us.
– You may choose to opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in our emails.
– You can request the deletion of your personal information, subject to applicable legal obligations.
7. Usage Information
We may collect information about your interactions with our website, including your browsing history, IP address, and device information. This data helps us analyze website traffic and improve the user experience.
8. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
9. Children’s Privacy
The Symposium website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children.
10. Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Symposium website may contain links to third-party websites or services. Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to those third-party websites or services, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of such third parties before providing any personal information.
11. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement occasionally to reflect changes in our practices and legal requirements. Any updates will be posted on our Symposium website with the revised effective date.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests related to this Privacy Statement or the processing of your personal information, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
13. Consent and Agreement
By participating in the 2024 Black Play Therapy Symposium: Healing Trauma Through Ancestral Roots, you consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement. You acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to the terms outlined herein.
Please review this Privacy Statement carefully, and if you disagree with its terms, we recommend that you do not attend the Symposium or interact with us.
Thank you for choosing to participate in the 2024 Black Play Therapy Symposium. We value your privacy and are dedicated to protecting your data throughout your symposium experience.